Mutually Assured Destruction - The Curious Observer LACE - Kid Mohair & Silk
Hand-dyed variegated red yarn with neon orange, purple and blue
- Base name - The Curious Observer Lace
- Country of origin - South African Mohair spun in Peru
- Fibre - 72% kid Mohair & 28% mulberry silk
- Thickness - lace weight
- Weight - 50 grams / 1.75oz
- Length - 420 metres / 459 yards
- Needle size - 2.25mm - 4mm
- Washing guidance - hand wash at low temperatures
Hand-dyed yarns are unique and each skein can have subtle differences. If using more than one skein, alternate skeins every few rows to blend the colours.
Kid mohair comes from the first shearing of angora goats so is fine and soft. Being fluffy it will tickle a little, which like Marmite, some people love and some people don't. But kid mohair is a far cry from the days of scratchy mohair 80s jumpers! This yarn creates a sheer fabric that is ultra-warm and snuggly.