Mal de coucou - Rebel 4ply - Merino Wool, Yak & Mulberry Silk Yarn
n. a phenomenon in which you have an active social life but very few close friends—people who you can trust, who you can be yourself with, who can help flush out the weird psychological toxins that tend to accumulate over time—which is a form of acute social malnutrition in which even if you devour an entire buffet of chitchat, you’ll still feel pangs of hunger.
Luxury hand-dyed yarn by Countess Ablaze in glorious silk, yak and merino wool. Reknit the rules and tell us what you're making in our online community, UNDERGROUND
- Base name - Rebel Fingering
- Hand-dyed by - Countess Ablaze in Manchester, UK
- Country of origin - Merino from South America, Yak from Tibet & Mongolia and Silk from China
- Supplier - Chester Wool Company
- Fibre - 60% superwash merino, 20% yak, 20% mulberry silk
- Thickness - 4ply / Fingering weight
- Weight - 100 grams / 3.5oz
- Length - 366 metres / 400 yards
- Needle size - 2.25mm - 4mm
- Washing guidance - machine washable at low temperatures but hand washing in cool water recommended
Hand-dyed yarns are unique and each skein can have subtle differences. If using more than one skein, alternate skeins every few rows to blend the colours.
Our newest luxury yarn is all the rage according to Julie Knits in Paris and who are we to argue? When we asked her recently what was missing from our yarn lineup, this was her answer.
It's kitten soft with almost a beaded effect on the surface due to the ply. This would make a perfect shawl or sweater and even better, can be machine washed at a low temperature (although we still recommend hand washing).