Infiltrator, Daniel Deluxe - Lady Persephone Sock Yarn - Bluefaced Leicester Wool & Nylon
- Base name - Lady Persephone Sock
- Hand-dyed by - Countess Ablaze in Manchester, UK
- Country of origin - British wool spun in Peru
- Supplier - Chester Wool Company
- Fibre - 75% superwash Bluefaced Leicester wool & 25% nylon
- Thickness - 4ply / Fingering weight, suitable for socks
- Weight - 100 grams / 3.5oz
- Length - 425 metres / 464 yards
- Needle size - 2.25mm - 4mm
- Washing guidance - machine washable at low temperatures but hand washing advised to preserve the vibrancy of the dye
Hand-dyed yarns are unique and each skein can have subtle differences. If using more than one skein, alternate skeins every few rows to blend the colours.
The Countess hates to describe her products as a workhorse yarn but the reality is, this yarn is so universal in purposes, that it actually is.
The long staple length of the smooth lustre Bluefaced Leicester wool (a British breed of sheep who look like they have tonnes of personality) combined with a touch of nylon, make this a soft yet incredibly durable yarn.
We hate to describe it as multi-purpose because that doesn't sound particularly glamorous but if you were stashing yarn with wild abandon, you cannot go wrong with this base. It is perfect for socks, shawls and sweaters alike so once you finally figure out what your yarn will evolve into, it's just going to work out.
It's not quite as soft as merino but it will barely pill at all. Say goodbye to shaving your knitwear with this fabulous yarn base. The colours are glossy on this yarn and thanks to the superwash treatment, machine washable too.