Hemel - John Arbon Textiles Exmoor Sock - Exmoor Bluefaced, Corriedale, Zwarbles, nylon
Mill-dyed green sock yarn by John Arbon Textiles
- Base name - John Arbon Textiles Exmoor Sock
- Country of origin - United Kingdom, spun in their mill in Devon
- Fibre - 60% Exmoor Blueface wool, 20% Corriedale, 10% Zwartbles, 10% nylon
- Thickness - 4 ply / fingering sock weight
- Weight - 50 grams / 1.7oz
- Length - 200 metres / 218 yards
- Needle size - 2.25mm
- Washing guidance - machine washable at low temperatures
John Arbon's Exmoor Sock yarn enhances the durable character and bounce of the fibre from our local Exmoor Blueface sheep – a crossbreed of the Exmoor Horn (full-bodied and hard-wearing) and the Bluefaced Leicester (renowned for its softness and lustre). We’ve added naturally dark browny-black Devon Zwartbles giving extra bounce and a subtle fleck of colour, plus Falklands Corriedale to enhance softness and stitch definition and a hint of Nylon for durability.
Their new Exmoor Sock yarn not only celebrates Exmoor, but is designed to be perfect for socks, whilst still having the versatility to suit garments and accessories that relish a hard-wearing, machine washable yarn. If you fancy stripes or colourwork, our Exmoor Sock is available in handy 50g skeins.