Fitzcarraldo - Rebel 4ply - Merino Wool, Yak & Mulberry Silk Yarn
n. an image that somehow becomes lodged deep in your brain—maybe washed there by a dream, or smuggled inside a book, or planted during a casual conversation—which then grows into a wild and impractical vision that keeps scrambling back and forth in your head like a dog stuck in a car that’s about to arrive home, just itching for a chance to leap headlong into reality.
Luxury hand-dyed yarn by Countess Ablaze in glorious silk, yak and merino wool. Reknit the rules and tell us what you're making in our online community, UNDERGROUND
- Base name - Rebel Fingering
- Hand-dyed by - Countess Ablaze in Manchester, UK
- Country of origin - Merino from South America, Yak from Tibet & Mongolia and Silk from China
- Supplier - Chester Wool Company
- Fibre - 60% superwash merino, 20% yak, 20% mulberry silk
- Thickness - 4ply / Fingering weight
- Weight - 100 grams / 3.5oz
- Length - 366 metres / 400 yards
- Needle size - 2.25mm - 4mm
- Washing guidance - machine washable at low temperatures but hand washing in cool water recommended
Hand-dyed yarns are unique and each skein can have subtle differences. If using more than one skein, alternate skeins every few rows to blend the colours.
Our newest luxury yarn is all the rage according to Julie Knits in Paris and who are we to argue? When we asked her recently what was missing from our yarn lineup, this was her answer.
It's kitten soft with almost a beaded effect on the surface due to the ply. This would make a perfect shawl or sweater and even better, can be machine washed at a low temperature (although we still recommend hand washing).