DOUBLE DATE - Mystery bags of 2x 50g sock yarn
2x 50g Lady Persephone Sock yarns that will work together in a project, or date them separatelyExactly the same principle as our popular BLIND DATES.
So here is the deal:
You volunteer yourself for a blind date and our Georgia (with a quick reminder) will select one of our dates especially for you. These yarns have been wrapped in paper for you to undress, complete with labels enticing you as to what lies beneath (hint - Countess trawled Tinder for these quotes. Some are NSFW).
SOME EXAMPLES, UPDATED FROM 2021 TINDER PROFILES:
- I don't care if you've got a house and car. I've got my own
- Fuck nudes, send me your playlist!
- Looking for a girl who won't try to have sex with my dad
- Panics at many places besides the disco
- Intelligence is attractive even though I'm thick as mince
- I'm so ugly that facemasks are good
- Bonus points if you're a barber. Haircut needed
- Verifying my profiles was the most awkward thing I've done in 2021.
WHAT'S IN THE BAG?
You will get 2 skeins of 50g Lady Persephone Sock with a retail value of £24. If you fancy taking a chance on meeting the yarn duo of your dreams, add a bag to your cart. Feck it, add an orgy of dates.
No refunds. The Countess cannot be held responsible for matches not made in heaven. Please note that Blind Dates and Double Dates do not include holidays to exotic locations or promises of commitment.
Colour and yarn base requests cannot be taken as they're all wrapped up and randomised. Packaging may vary.
- Base name - 50g Lady Persephone Sock
- Hand-dyed by - Countess Ablaze in Manchester, UK
- Country of origin - British wool spun in Peru
- Supplier - Chester Wool Company
- Fibre - 75% superwash Bluefaced Leicester wool & 25% nylon
- Thickness - 4ply / Fingering weight, suitable for socks
- Weight - 50 grams / 1.7oz
- Length - 212 metres / 231 yards
- Needle size - 2.25mm - 4mm
- Washing guidance - machine washable at low temperatures but hand washing advised to preserve the vibrancy of the dye
Hand-dyed yarns are unique and each skein can have subtle differences. If using more than one skein, alternate skeins every few rows to blend the colours.
The Countess hates to describe her products as a workhorse yarn but the reality is, this yarn is so universal in purposes, that it actually is.
The long staple length of the smooth lustre Bluefaced Leicester wool (a British breed of sheep who look like they have tonnes of personality) combined with a touch of nylon, make this a soft yet incredibly durable yarn.
We hate to describe it as multi-purpose because that doesn't sound particularly glamorous but if you were stashing yarn with wild abandon, you cannot go wrong with this base. It is perfect for socks, shawls and sweaters alike so once you finally figure out what your yarn will evolve into, it's just going to work out.
It's not quite as soft as merino but it will barely pill at all. Say goodbye to shaving your knitwear with this fabulous yarn base. The colours are glossy on this yarn and thanks to the superwash treatment, machine washable too.