Bounty Hunter - The Bluefaced Baron LACE - Bluefaced Leicester
- Base name - The Bluefaced Baron LACE
- Country of origin - British wool spun in Peru
- Fibre - 100% superwash treated Bluefaced Leicester wool
- Thickness - lace weight
- Weight - 100 grams / 3 oz
- Length - 800 metres / 874 yards
- Needle size - 2.25mm - 4mm
- Washing guidance - machine washable at low temperatures but ideally hand wash to preserve the dye
Hand-dyed yarns are unique and each skein can have subtle differences. If using more than one skein, alternate skeins every few rows to blend the colours.
The Bluefaced Baron LACE (yes, capitalised because we want to sing about it from the rooftops) is a gorgeously soft and lustrous yarn with the added bonus of being machine washable for easy care of your handcrafted item.
Bluefaced Leicester is strong and sturdy and whilst most people find it to be next-to-skin soft, it's not quite as soft as merino but it does soften, bloom and reveal great drape once it has been washed and blocked.