Blue* - Rebel 4ply - Merino, yak and silk
PERSIA - the colourway name is called Persia. It is our oldest colourway at Countess Ablaze and from 2020 onwards, whenever anybody orders this and pays by PayPal, PayPal suspends our account pending investigation for "suspicious reasons." The colourway is called Persia as the yarn is blue-turquoise and turquoise the stone originates from Persia/Iran. So we're doctoring the name of the colourway of the listing because this a ridiculous situation.
Base name - Rebel Fingering
- Country of origin - Merino from South America, Yak from Tibet & Mongolia and Silk from China
- Fibre - 60% superwash merino, 20% yak, 20% mulberry silk
- Thickness - 4ply / Fingering weight
- Weight - 100 grams / 3.5oz
- Length - 366 metres / 400 yards
- Needle size - 2.25mm - 4mm
- Washing guidance - machine washable at low temperatures but hand washing in cool water recommended
Hand-dyed yarns are unique and each skein can have subtle differences. If using more than one skein, alternate skeins every few rows to blend the colours.
Our newest luxury yarn is all the rage according to Julie Knits in Paris and who are we to argue? When we asked her recently what was missing from our yarn lineup, this was her answer.
It's kitten soft with almost a beaded effect on the surface due to the ply. This would make a perfect shawl or sweater and even better, can be machine washed at a low temperature (although we still recommend hand washing).