Blue* - Auntie Plastique - Corriedale & Mohair
PERSIA - the colourway name is called Persia. It is our oldest colourway at Countess Ablaze and from 2020 onwards, whenever anybody orders this and pays by PayPal, PayPal suspends our account pending investigation for "suspicious reasons." The colourway is called Persia as the yarn is blue-turquoise and turquoise the stone originates from Persia/Iran. So we're doctoring the name of the colourway of the listing because this a ridiculous situation.
Persia - hand-dyed tonal turquoise blue yarn
- Base name - Auntie Plastique
- Country of origin - British mohair & Falkland wool spun in the UK
- Fibre - 50% Corriedale & 50% Mohair
- Thickness - 4ply / Fingering weight
- Weight - 100 grams / 3.5oz
- Length - 395 metres / 431 yards
- Needle size - 2.25mm - 4mm
- Washing guidance - hand wash at low temperatures unless you wish to felt
Hand-dyed yarns are unique and each skein can have subtle differences. If using more than one skein, alternate skeins every few rows to blend the colours.
So you're in the market for sock yarn (this is me, I literally mean for sock knitting), that isn't superwash treated, doesn't contain nylon and gives you a high when you give it a good sniff. Introducing our new sock yarn Auntie Plastique ;)
Mohair is your nylon substitute here as it's tough as fuck due to a very long staple length. Grown, processed and spun by the fab folk at Laxtons in Yorkshire, dyed by the Countess and Blazin'Squad in Manchester city centre.