Aftersome - The English Gentleman DK - Bluefaced Leicester & Masham Wool Yarn
adj. astonished to think back on the bizarre sequence of accidents that brought you to where you are today—as if you’d spent years bouncing down a Plinko pegboard, passing through a million harmless decision points, any one of which might’ve changed everything—which makes your long and winding path feel fated from the start, yet so unlikely as to be virtually impossible.
Do you have a desert island yarn? I have finally found mine and this is it. _____________________________________________
- Base name - The English Gentleman DK
- Hand-dyed by - Countess Ablaze in Manchester, UK
- Country of origin - British wool spun in Yorkshire, UK
- Supplier - Laxtons
- Fibre - 75% Bluefaced Leicester wool & 25% Masham wool
- Thickness - DK weight
- Weight - 100 grams / 3.5oz
- Length - 240 metres / 262 yards
- Needle size - 3.5mm - 4mm
- Washing guidance - hand wash at low temperatures unless you wish to felt
Hand-dyed yarns are unique and each skein can have subtle differences. If using more than one skein, alternate skeins every few rows to blend the colours.
Do you have a desert island yarn? I have finally found mine and this is it. Soft, buttery, rustic without being scratchy, this is my perfect yarn.
The undyed base is a rich oatmeal colour from the brown Masham so the dye results in a rich and textured coverage. Everything about this yarn is British and it is spun down the road from here in Yorkshire.