We've been taking this thing quite seriously here and have already put tonnes of measures in place to protect staff and our customers, before the government even announced their guidelines.
In line with the UK government closing non-essential retail shops, we are temporarily closed and focusing upon online orders for now.
I've been hesitant to send post because of reports by postal staff themselves, about poor working conditions. I've had plenty of emails from posties confirming this & thanking us for thinking of them.
No solution is perfect but I've been keeping my ear to the ground, researched all delivery carriers & have decided to stay with Royal Mail. Conditions have improved in most areas, although they have staff shortages & a large backlog, but importantly they now finally have access to corona testing. Our online store reopens on May 1st.
We are shipping worldwide but if there are any issues with any countries, we'll let you know.
All packages from now on will be sent with tracking so this brings in new shipping prices:
// IT IS UNLIKELY THAT WE WILL REOPEN TO THE PUBLIC UNTIL 2021 - online orders are super busy, we don't want people touching yarn just yet as we'd have to quarantine it which is crushing to a small business, plus our team have health conditions. We want to see you too but we'll be patient, follow the science and decide much later in the year what to do. Just not yet. However if you're in Manchester and wish to collect an online order, let us know in the notes section of checkout as we have a collections station with a screen. (June 3rd 2020) //
When we do open: everything has changed. We've been putting in preparations to preempt the government guidelines and will add further changes if required.
However, this business is mixed three ways between small scale manufacturing, e-commerce and bricks and mortar retail and it is unlikely that I will open the studio to the public when the UK government says non-essential retail can reopen. I will make this decision later on after seeing the impact of non-essential retail being open, and will concentrate on manufacturing and e-commerce in the meantime. If I open to the public too early and put my staff at risk of infection, I'm at risk of damaging all three segments of the business, rather than just the one, as well as compromising their health.
Right now, we're running on a skeleton staff of just myself and Haydn, with occasional support from my daughter. Other staff members are at home self-isolating on 100% pay until it is safe for them to return.
We're practising social distancing and both of us have found ways to get to work whilst avoiding public transport.
As I have pre-existing conditions and unable to do my work from home and need to be in the studio, it means we cannot open the studio to the public prematurely. When we do open, I will no longer be customer facing or available for meet and greets.
Rock on & don't let anyone into your dance space!