May 29th 2021
We're currently not recruiting but feel free to pass on your CV to us for the future. Rock on!
May 17th 2021
We're an established small scale dyer of natural fibre yarns for knitting and crochet with a bricks and mortar store in Manchester's Northern Quarter.
We're looking for friendly part-time Studio Assistants to assist with online order fulfilment, face to face retail and light production duties such as twisting and labelling our finished yarns.
- greeting customers and assisting them in choosing the ideal products for their needs
- answering customer emails
- resolve customer complaints
- process POS (point of sale) purchases, refunds and exchanges
- pick and pack online orders correctly and send worldwide
- unboxing and handling of merchandise which will involve some heavy lifting
- inventory control
- general housekeeping to keep our visual appearance high
- twist yarn, print labels and use spreadsheets to comply with inventory control
To be successful in this role you will:
- be at least an intermediate knitter or crocheter and can confidently assist customers in determining their needs
- be detailed oriented
- be able to perform under pressure
- have previous experience of a customer-facing role
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- have a can-do attitude and excellent time management and organisational skills.
We currently have two part time positions available, each working two days, 9 or 10 am to 5 pm, and Studio Assistants receive a generous staff discount. This is not a yarn dyeing role.
To apply, please send:
- CV & covering letter/email
- photo examples of your knitting or crochet projects (we cannot accept a Ravelry profile URL due to accessibility issues).
We are a Living Wage Employer and the hourly rate for a Studio Assistant is between £9.50 and £11.00 depending upon experience. You will be expected to complete First Aid training once your probation period has completed satisfactorily, unless you currently hold a valid certificate.