SFX - Astronaut - Super Chunky Merino Wool Yarn
- Base name - Astronaut
- Country of origin - South African wool spun in the UK
- Supplier - World of Wool
- Fibre - 100% Merino wool
- Thickness - Super chunky weight
- Weight - 200 grams / 7 oz
- Length - 130 metres / 142 yards
- Needle size - 8mm - 12mm
- Washing guidance - hand wash at low temperatures unless you intend to felt
Mill dyed yarns are more cost-effective than hand-dyed yarns as they're dyed on an industrial scale. Skeins within a batch are also more likely to be consistent so alternating skeins is optional.
Super chunky yarn is all the rage. Also known as Pencil Roving, this yarn can be used for knitting and crochet but you can also spin it.
For a firm fabric, drop down to a 8mm needle but for airy and light, size up to 12mm.