Cassandra - The English Gentleman DK - Bluefaced Leicester & Masham Wool Yarn
- Base name - The English Gentleman DK
- Hand-dyed by - Countess Ablaze in Manchester, UK
- Country of origin - British wool spun in Yorkshire, UK
- Supplier - Laxtons
- Fibre - 75% Bluefaced Leicester wool & 25% Masham wool
- Thickness - DK weight
- Weight - 100 grams / 3.5oz
- Length - 240 metres / 262 yards
- Needle size - 3.5mm - 4mm
- Washing guidance - hand wash at low temperatures unless you wish to felt
Hand-dyed yarns are unique and each skein can have subtle differences. If using more than one skein, alternate skeins every few rows to blend the colours.
Do you have a desert island yarn? I have finally found mine and this is it. Soft, buttery, rustic without being scratchy, this is my perfect yarn.
The undyed base is a rich oatmeal colour from the brown Masham so the dye results in a rich and textured coverage. Everything about this yarn is British and it is spun down the road from here in Yorkshire.