Did you used to be good-looking? - The Space Cadet - Super chunky Merino & Stellina
- Base name - The Space Cadet
- Country of origin - South African wool spun in the UK
- Fibre - 90% superwash Merino wool & 10% Stellina (sparkly polyamide)
- Thickness - Super chunky weight
- Weight - 200 grams / 7 oz
- Length - 130 metres / 142 yards
- Needle size - 8mm - 12mm
- Washing guidance - machine washable at low temperatures but hand washing advised to preserve the vibrancy of the dye
Hand-dyed yarns are unique and each skein can have subtle differences. If using more than one skein, alternate skeins every few rows to blend the colours.
Super chunky yarn is all the rage. Also known as Pencil Roving, this yarn can be used for knitting and crochet but you can also spin it.
The merino has been superwash treated to prevent felting and shrinkage and with a dash of sparkling silver Stellina (a mix of polyester and nylon) you can rock your new project with some sass.