Client-centric - Insurgent DK - Baby Alpaca
Client-centric - peach, green, purple and blue variegated hand-dyed yarn
- Base name - Insurgent DK
- Country of origin - alpaca from South America
- Fibre - 100% baby alpaca
- Thickness - DK weight
- Weight - 100 grams / 3.5 oz
- Length - 225 metres / 240 yards
- Needle size - 3.0mm - 4mm
- Washing guidance - hand wash in low temperatures
Hand-dyed yarns are unique and each skein can have subtle differences. If using more than one skein, alternate skeins every few rows to blend the colours.
The Countess felt the need for cloud-soft yarn.
With six weeks holed up in bed recovering from illness, all she could think about was wool, dye and things to make and she pined after some irresistible baby alpaca (and pizza, but we can't dye pizza).
Baby alpaca comes from the first shearing, is durable, snuggly, and if you find yourself sensitive to wool, can be a handy alternative.