You can visit us! Oh yes, you can. Assuming you are in the area, of course. We can be found in the Northern Quarter of Manchester city centre in the UK. We host a lively knit & crochet social group on Saturdays from 1 pm.
We are not a traditional yarn shop, nor do we pretend to be.
What makes us different?
1. We only sell Countess Ablaze yarn and fibre.
2. We dye everything on site on the top floor (we have three floors).
3. We are staffed by fashion graduates, not knitters because we want to bring something new to the table. Although the Countess does knit and crochet.
4. To come inside, you need to press the buzzer. Somebody once described this as "seedy." They'd obviously not walked along Tib Street to get here.
5. We are fully DDA compliant. We have a lift up between the two showrooms, we have a toilet cubicle the size of a box room to accommodate wheelchairs and prams so mobility problems shouldn't stop you from visiting should you wish to. We even make sure that our fittings and fixtures are not in the way internally so that you can wheel or crutch around with ease. Inclusivity matters hugely to us.
6. If you're lucky, you may see the Countess about during the week although she's usually on the top floor beavering away and is definitely not in Countess attire. Many a time have people asked her questions about the Countess in the third person, not realising that it is her. Obviously, she looks dog-rough with the steamers on full blast all day and sans-wig.
7. We play rock and metal music. All the time.
8. We have a makeshift opium den but we're all out of opium. Sorry.
To flatten the curve of COVID-19, the UK is in lockdown. Online shops are allowed to operate but we feel that no yarn is worth leaving the house to post and potentially cause harm to others, so our shop is empty right now. Please support us with gift cards or joining Yarn Cartel instead.
Online orders made up to 24/03/2020 will be posted on our final shipping day on 25/03/2020.
Stay safe & don't let anyone in your dance space! We'll back soon!