The Studio Is Back!
The Countess has once again opened the doors to the public but this time, things are a bit different. To make our space 'Covid Secure' a few changes have been made for not only the customer's safety but our own too.
Dropping by the studio now requires you to book an appointment in advance via the Visit Us page on the website. You can book up to 2 hours in advance on the same day as this gives us ample time to have the studio ready for your allotted 15-minute slot.
What we need from you when you visit:
- Visits are for 15 minutes only
- Stay at home if you are exhibiting signs of COVID-19 and place your order online
- Masks must be worn
- We provide hand sanitiser
- The use of a basket is mandatory for EVERY customer
- Card payments warmly encouraged and preferred
- Please come alone, if possible
- If you bring children, they must be supervised and not touch stock
- The studio is open on the middle floor where the light and ventilation is best. You can take the lift or the stairs
Please come with an idea of what you're wanting. Check out our website at www.countessablaze.com beforehand for ideas
- If you have a pattern in mind and want us to look, please ensure this is not on Ravelry or a Ravelry screenshot. We have been severely impacted by Ravelry's inaccessibility and it is a seizure risk for the Countess.
On the lead up to Christmas our schedule is currently set as:
- Tuesday to Friday from 11 am to 7 pm
- Saturday from 11 am to 5 pm
It's all in the details
The Countess has also made changes in the shop's set up so that it can be as safe as possible.
Yarn bands have been turned so that the labels can be read without having to touch the skeins to hunt for the colourway names. If you have any questions on the yarn itself, just ask a member of Blazin' Squad and they will be happy to share their knowledge with you.
Each customer will be asked to use a basket, which has been cleaned with wipes between uses to keep contact minimised. The means that yarn isn't being picked off the shelves and then held before returning it to the wall if you change your mind. The studio is also cleaned after every visit.
If you would rather collect an order then you can always choose to collect when making an online order. Your order will be picked off the shelves by Blazin' Squad and an email will come through to let you know it's ready for collection. Just remember to select 'Collect from Store' when making your online order at Countess Ablaze.
The Countess is really thankful to see the space open again. A taste of normality in these turbulent times has been rather sweet. We hope to see you stop by soon and remember, we ship worldwide.
Rock on and stay safe!
Blazin' Squad Haydn