SQUAD GOALS AT COUNTESS ABLAZE
Studio Assistant at Countess Ablaze
We are looking for front of house Studio Assistants to support our dye studio in the Northern Quarter of Manchester in the areas of post-production, general administration and customer service. There are two positions available at 24 hours and 16 hours and both include weekends.
Countess Ablaze is a dyer of yarns and fibres for knitters, crocheters and hand spinners with a new boutique showroom in the city centre. With an international customer base as well as a strong domestic one, we also host teaching events and lively parties.
The role includes but is not limited to:
- Meeting and greeting customers.
- Answering emails/phone calls.
- Ensuring that the studio is fully stocked and looking great.
- Packing and unpacking of deliveries and online orders.
- Stock taking and stock control.
- General Housekeeping.
- Post-production of finished textiles.
- Assistance with hosting events such as our popular knitting group, workshops and parties.
Why work with Countess Ablaze?
- Fun, friendly, vibrant and creative team.
- Market leaders in our industry with ambitious plans for growth.
- Generous holiday allowance.
- Open door management, we’re passionate about our staff and love to hear from you.
- Best of all, a generous discount on our products.
The ideal candidate will be well presented, confident, organised, computer literate, multi tasker with strong communication skills and a professional approach. The ability to work in a small team is essential. An interest in textiles or fashion is warmly welcomed.
How to apply:
At Countess Ablaze, we pride ourselves on doing things a little differently and our recruitment process reflects that.
The task is to produce a three minute video so we can see you shine. The breakdown of the video should be a thirty second introduction, where we’d like you to tell us about yourself, followed by a two minutes and thirty seconds video discussing your ideas for the line drawing of this knitted jumper. We would like you to talk about what colours you would use, what textures you might add and anything else you’d like to say about it. Feel free to use your imagination and be creative about this part of the task.
Professional video editing skills or amateur dramatics are not required; we’re more interested in hearing from you and seeing how you’d approach this task.
Upload this video as a private YouTube video or as a Dropbox link and send, along with your CV, to hireme [at] countessablaze.com
The DEADLINE to apply is midday on Wednesday 1st March and the shortlist will be invited to attend a hands-on informal interview on the morning of Friday 3rd or Saturday 4th March 2017.
Start date : week beginning 6th March.
Illustrations have been drawn by Amy of Ginger Rainbow.
PRIVACY: we will not share your video with anybody outside of the recruitment process.
Applications without a video will not be considered.