The first update of the year is happening tomorrow at Countess Ablaze and it’s the first month of The Twelve Caesars Collection. We’re kicking off with Julius Caesar and (I’m so nervous!) here we go with the yarns. There are fourteen colourways in total and all are one of a kind batches which cannot be repeated. Truth be told, I could have easily dyed at least 35 different colourways because there is so much juicy info in the biography to choose from.
1. Very well then, you win! (BFL & Masham DK)
2. To his intense annoyance (BFL / nylon sock yarn)
3. At an age when Alexander had already conquered the known world (single ply Merino fingering weight)
4. The most flagrant bribery (baby camel and mulberry silk lace)
5. Three Wives and Many Lovers (baby camel and mulberry silk lace)
6. To govern alone and do very much as he pleased (MCN sock)
7. A hitherto unknown country (merino Donegal tweed DK)
8. Rubicon (baby camel and mulberry silk lace)
9. Veni, vidi, vici (BFL DK)
10. A House on Sacred Way (single ply merino fingering)
11. Romans, lock up your wives! (BFL & Masham DK)
12. I am Caesar, not king (merino and mulberry silk lace)
13. Why, this is violence! (MCN sock)
14. You, too, my child? (single ply merino fingering)
Every colourway in The Twelve Caesars Collection also has co-ordinating fibre for spinning and felting. The shop update includes plenty of repeatable colourways and mini skeins too, available at 7pm GMT on Friday 31st January.